New Covenant Academy Welcomes You to Our Community!
NCA is a not-for-profit, Christian college preparatory school, located in Springfield, MO serving approximately 530 students in grades Jr. Kindergarten through 12th since 1979.
- Academics: Strong college preparatory program that integrates faith and learning.
- College credit: Dual college credit opportunities for high school students through Missouri State University and Drury University.
- Staff: Qualified, experienced Christian faculty and staff who genuinely care about students.
- Guidance Counseling: Experienced guidance counselors provide career counseling, college planning and academic guidance with a Christian emphasis.
- Sports: Competitive athletic program for boys and girls in grades 7-12. Intramural programs for grades Jr.K-6.
- Fine-Arts: Co-curricular classes include Band, Choir, Art, Drama, Library, Speech, Physical Education, Spanish, Computer, Business, and Practical Arts (note: offerings subject to specific grade levels).
- Spiritual and character development: Exciting weekly chapel services that challenge students to grow spiritually. Biblical integration into every subject. Opportunities for character development and Christian service.
- Technology: Supporting teacher objectives and student learning, with WiFi, Inspire Technology Initiative which is a BYOD program, computer lab, 7 mobile Chromebook carts, and tablets. Students use emerging technologies in problem-based, interactive, engaged learning and assessment.
- Fun while learning: Extracurricular activities include field trips, retreats, clubs, academic competitions, international or cross-cultural mission trips, student council, and Christian service projects.
- Results: NCA's test results on national achievement and ACT college entrance tests far exceed the national average.
- School accountability: New Covenant Academy is accredited by AdvancED and is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International.
- Academic and athletic competition with both public and private schools: NCA is a member of the Missouri State High School Activities Association (MSHSAA). "The MSHSAA promotes the value of participation, sportsmanship, team play, and personal excellence to develop citizens who make positive contributions to their community and support the democratic principles of our state and nation".
- Affordable Tuition: Nationally, private education is quite expensive, often with a price tag equal to a college tuition. At NCA, tuition is almost half of the national average for 7-12th-grade and well below the national average for Jr.K-6th-grade. A tuition assistance program is also offered to qualifying families.
- Community: Year after year, when NCA's families are asked, "What is your favorite thing about NCA?"; their top answers are: "the people", "I love my teacher", "I feel like I belong", "my friends", "the support I receive being a part of an extended Christian community of believers with the same goals and values as my own family."
Jr.Kindergarten to 4th Grade-236
5th to 6th Grade-94
7th to 8th Grade-85
9th to 12th Grade-135
Number of new students this fall: 105
Date: Tuesday, November 13, 2018
Time: 9:00 a.m.
Description: This event is for all parents who would like more information about enrolling their Jr.K, Kindergarten and 1st Grade student in the 2019-2020 school year. Please feel free to tell your friends and family about this event. All people interested should RSVP to Delana Reynolds, Admissions Officer at (417) 887-9848 ext. 403 or simply click on this link and complete the online form.
Date: October 15
Date: October 25
Time: 6:30 p.m. Doors open at 5:45 p.m.. Plan to arrive early, visit our photo spots, and enjoy the pre-show music from some of our students!
Cost: $25 per person. For a table of 10 it's $250
Childcare: Will be available at NCA for free ages 3yr. to 12 years. Sign-up via the registration process.
Business Sponsorships or questions about the event: Contact Donna Moore at (417) 887-9848 ext. 450 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: November 9
Pick-up times are:
Jr.K-4 is 11:20 a.m.
9-12 is 11:30 a.m.
508 is 11:40 a.m.
Date: November 19 through November 23
Description: Nov. 19 and Nov. 20 teacher professional development no classes
Nov. 21 through November 23 no school for Thanksgiving.
Date: December 20
Jr.K-4 is 11:20 a.m.
9-12 is 11:30 a.m.
5-8 is 11:40 a.m.
Date: January 2, 2019
Description: Teachers and Staff return to work for professional development
Dates: December 21 through January 02. Students return to school on Jan. 3rd, 2019. Teachers and staff return on January 02 for professional development.
Date: January 21, 2019
Link to NCA's Athletics Weekly Reminder