Mission and Vision
New Covenant Academy is a Christian college preparatory school committed to achieving academic excellence, teaching biblical truth, and developing Christlike character.
New Covenant Academy educates students to glorify God through academic excellence, biblical truth, and Christlikeness for the purpose of eternally impacting their world through their post-secondary studies and professions as the next generation of leaders.
Academic Excellence: Demonstrating the ability to perform and excel in scholastic activities with a focus on establishing a firm foundation, developing critical thinking and problem solving skills, and fostering innovative ideas.
Biblical Truth: Claiming God's Word as the truth that defines and describes all knowledge and permeates every subject area.
Christlike Character: Loving and respecting others, demonstrating ethical behavior, humbly offering grace, building up the community of Christ, and representing Christ to the world.
Statement of Faith
- We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament as equally inspired by God and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are the supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- We believe in one God--eternal, omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent, manifesting Himself in Three Persons (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) one in nature, attributes, power and glory. God is the Sustainer of all things and the Source of all truth.
- We believe in the pre-existence, incarnation, virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, substitutionary death, bodily resurrection, ascension to heaven, and the second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. We believe that He is true God and true man.
- We believe in the literal account of creation and that the Scriptures clearly and distinctly teach that the creation of man lies in the special, immediate, and formative acts of God; that man sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death but also that spiritual death which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature.
- We believe in the fall of man, his need for regeneration by the operation of the Holy Spirit on the basis of grace and faith alone, and the second coming of Christ, and the resurrection of the dead in Christ.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice and rose again for our justification; that all who believe in Him are justified on the grounds of His shed blood and are saved by grace through faith wholly apart from human merit and works.
- We believe in the spiritual relationship of all believers as they are related to Jesus Christ, living an overcoming life of true righteousness by the grace and power of the Holy Spirit. The Christian relates to life from a Biblical perspective and is not conformed to society's lifestyle and values. Therefore, we believe in the the sanctity of life upon conception (Psalms 139) and that homosexuality, premarital sexual relationships, and extramarital relationships are not acceptable lifestyles (1 Cor. 6).
- Note: Although denominational doctrine will not be promoted, discussion of diverse Christian beliefs will not be discouraged in the classroom. Students will be encouraged to seek Scriptural answers and further discuss these topics with their parents.
- Note: We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus are born again by the Holy Spirit through the Word of God, and thereby become the children of God. Therefore, we are not in agreement with the teachings of the Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses, Unitarians, New Age, Christian Science, Scientology, or any cults or secular groups that do not accept the biblical Jesus Christ as their Savior.
- All faculty, staff, and board members will be fully devoted followers of Christ who agree to and support the academy’s Statement of Faith and Personal Life-Style Requirements.
- All decisions will be based on Biblical principles and will be consistent with the academy’s Vision Statement, Mission Statement, Core Values, Personal Life-Style Requirements and Statement of Faith.
- The Bible, as the inspired Word of God, will be integrated throughout the curriculum and will be a core subject in the academic program at each grade level.
- All subject matter will be taught from a Christian perspective, and secular concepts will be shared with students at age-appropriate levels to enable them to effectively defend their Christian faith.
- All faculty, staff, and board members will encourage and nurture each student to develop his or her maximum potential in the following areas: spiritual, academic, social, physical, and emotional.
- The academy will be an excellent steward of all its resources and will accurately account for all revenues and expenditures.
- The family, the church, and the Academy will be partners in the students’ educational process.
- All faculty, staff, and board members will exhibit Christlike character and will serve as excellent role models for students.
- The school community will honor God through positive uplifting behavior and speech.
- The academy is an interdenominational institution where denominational doctrine will not be promoted.