Pre-Kindergarten Preschool Classes
A Solid Foundation is Important!
“The Wise Man Built His House Upon the Rock” Matthew 7:24-27
New Covenant Academy's ABC's
When entrusting your child to the NCA learning experience, you are starting them off with a solid foundation leading to greater success as they progress on to elementary school and beyond.
Kindergarten Readiness Program Highlights
- Engaging and hands-on learning
- Reading readiness
- Beginning phonics
- Math concepts with hands-on activities
- Social and emotional development
- Bible lessons and weekly chapel services
- Christian service projects
- Thematic social studies and science
- Vocal music program
- Field trips
- A balanced approach to child-directed free play and teacher-guided activities
- Hot lunch program (children eat in their classroom)
New Covenant Academy offers its youngest Warriors, a rich developmental learning experience taught by state-certified instructors, specific to Early Childhood Education. Students have a core assigned teacher who is with them a majority of the school day. This allows students to develop a trusting and caring relationship with their teacher. In addition, full-time students are assigned co-curricular instructors for physical education, art, music and library/technology (part-time students also have a vocal music instructor) who have earned state certifications and/or have a high level of experience in their area of expertise. Pre-K. Teachers are on the same salary scale as the Elementary Teachers, therefore we experience less turnover than what is often occurring in the early childhood general market.
Pearson Sing, Spell, Read, Write; D'Nealian style handwriting; Thematic units for Science and Social Studies (i.e.; weather, space, transportation, fire safety, community helpers, etc.) and ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International) Bible.
Age Requirement and Assessment for Placement
Children must be 4 years old by August 1st and are assessed using the DIAL (Developmental Indicators for the Assessment of Learning) assessment tool for placement in the NCA PreK program.
- Full-time Pre-K. is 8:05 a.m. to 3:05 p.m. M-F. Before and aftercare is available for a nominal extra fee and is not offered on early dismissal days, or days of school closure.
- Part-time Pre-K. is 8:05 a.m. to 11:05 a.m. Part-time students are integrated into class with full-day students and participate in Music Class. They are dismissed before lunch. Aftercare is not available for the part-time student.