New Covenant Academy Welcomes You to Our Community!
NCA is a not-for-profit, Christian college preparatory school, located in Springfield, MO serving approximately 650 students in grades Jr. Kindergarten through 12th since 1979.
- Academics: Strong college preparatory program that integrates faith and learning.
- College credit: Dual college credit opportunities for high school students through Missouri State University and Drury University with both in-seat (on NCA campus) and online options. This program reduces the cost of college. Evangel offers dual enrollment for NCA high school students on their campus.
- Staff: Qualified, experienced Christian faculty and staff who genuinely care about students.
- Guidance Counseling: Experienced guidance counselors provide career counseling, college planning and academic guidance with a Christian emphasis.
- Sports: Competitive athletic program for boys and girls in grades 7-12. Intramural programs for grades Pre-K-6.
- Fine-Arts: Co-curricular classes include Band, Choir, Art, Drama, Library, Speech, Physical Education, Spanish, Computer, Business, and Practical Arts (note: offerings subject to specific grade levels).
- Spiritual and character development: Exciting weekly chapel services that challenge students to grow spiritually. Biblical integration into every subject. Opportunities for character development and Christian service.
- Technology: Supporting teacher objectives and student learning, with WiFi, computer lab, several mobile Chromebook carts, and tablets. Students use emerging technologies in problem-based, interactive, engaged learning and assessment.
- Fun while learning: Extracurricular activities include field trips, retreats, clubs, academic competitions, international or cross-cultural mission trips, student council, and Christian service projects.
- Results: NCA's test results on national achievement and ACT college entrance tests far exceed the national average.
- School accountability: New Covenant Academy is accredited by Cognia (formerly known as AdvancED) and is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International.
- Academic and athletic competition with both public and private schools: NCA is a member of the Missouri State High School Activities Association (MSHSAA). "The MSHSAA promotes the value of participation, sportsmanship, team play, and personal excellence to develop citizens who make positive contributions to their community and support the democratic principles of our state and nation".
- Affordable Tuition: Nationally, private education is quite expensive, often with a price tag equal to college tuition. At NCA, tuition is almost half of the national average for 7-12th-grade and well below the national average for Pre-K.-6th-grade. A tuition assistance program is also offered to qualifying families.
- A+ Scholarship Designation: High School students involved in this program have access to funds to attend participating community college or vocational/technical school, and may also lead to other opportunities for universities.
- Partnership with Evangel University: Graduates who have been enrolled at NCA for both their junior and senior year are offered 50% discount in tuition at Evangel University for in-seat courses, and 10% discount for online and Master's degree programs. This is not related to merit-based scholarships.
- Community: Year after year, when NCA's families are asked, "What is your favorite thing about NCA?"; their top answers are: "the people", "I love my teacher", "I feel like I belong", "my friends", "the support I receive being a part of an extended Christian community of believers with the same goals and values as my own family."
2022-2023 as of 10/1/2022
Total Enrollment 775
Elementary: PreK-4= 332
Intermediate:5-6 = 127
Jr. High: 7-8 = 101
High School 9-12 = 215
2021-2022 as of 10/1/2021
Total Enrollment 727
2020-2021 as of 10/1/2020
Total Enrollment 631
2019-2020 as of 10/1/2019
Total Enrollment is 648