New Covenant Academy Welcomes You to Our Community!
NCA is a not-for-profit, Christian college preparatory school, located in Springfield, MO serving approximately 650 students in grades Jr. Kindergarten through 12th since 1979.
- Academics: Strong college preparatory program that integrates faith and learning.
- College credit: Dual college credit opportunities for high school students through Evangel, Missouri State University and Drury University with both in-seat (on NCA campus) and online options. This program reduces the cost of college.
- Staff: Qualified, experienced Christian faculty and staff who genuinely care about students.
- Guidance Counseling: Experienced guidance counselors provide career counseling, college planning and academic guidance with a Christian emphasis.
- Sports: Competitive athletic program for boys and girls in grades 7-12. Intramural programs for grades Pre-K-6.
- Fine-Arts: Co-curricular classes include Band, Choir, Art, Drama, Library, Speech, Physical Education, Spanish, Computer, Business, and Practical Arts (note: offerings subject to specific grade levels).
- Spiritual and character development: Exciting weekly chapel services that challenge students to grow spiritually. Biblical integration into every subject. Opportunities for character development and Christian service.
- Technology: Supporting teacher objectives and student learning, with WiFi, computer lab, several mobile Chromebook carts, and tablets. Students use emerging technologies in problem-based, interactive, engaged learning and assessment.
- Fun while learning: Extracurricular activities include field trips, retreats, clubs, academic competitions, international or cross-cultural mission trips, student council, and Christian service projects.
- Results: NCA's test results on national achievement and ACT college entrance tests far exceed the national average.
- School accountability: New Covenant Academy is accredited by AdvancED and is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International.
- Academic and athletic competition with both public and private schools: NCA is a member of the Missouri State High School Activities Association (MSHSAA). "The MSHSAA promotes the value of participation, sportsmanship, team play, and personal excellence to develop citizens who make positive contributions to their community and support the democratic principles of our state and nation".
- Affordable Tuition: Nationally, private education is quite expensive, often with a price tag equal to college tuition. At NCA, tuition is almost half of the national average for 7-12th-grade and well below the national average for Pre-K.-6th-grade. A tuition assistance program is also offered to qualifying families.
- A+ Scholarship Designation: High School students involved in this program have access to funds to attend participating community college or vocational/technical school, and may also lead to other opportunities for universities.
- Partnership with Evangel University: Graduates of NCA are offered 50% discount in tuition at Evangel University for in-seat courses, and 10% discount for online and Master's degree programs. This is not related to merit-based scholarships.
- Community: Year after year, when NCA's families are asked, "What is your favorite thing about NCA?"; their top answers are: "the people", "I love my teacher", "I feel like I belong", "my friends", "the support I receive being a part of an extended Christian community of believers with the same goals and values as my own family."
2019-2020 as of 10/1/2019
Total Enrollment 648
2018-2019 as of 10/1/2018
Total Enrollment is 648
2017-2018 as of 10/1/2017
Total Enrollment is 558
Date: Tuesday, December 19, 2019
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Location: Warrior Campus, Commons Area
Description: NCA welcomes all grandparents of NCA students to fellowship with other grandparents, and have an update of what is going on at NCA
Date: November 21, 2019
Time: 9:00 a.m.
Description: For interested new families with students in Pre-K, Kindergarten and 1st grade, or for current families who have younger siblings not currently enrolled in those grades for next school year.
Please feel free to tell your friends about this informational event! Call Delana Reynolds at (417) 887-9484 ext. 403 or click on the link to register.
Date: No Classes 11-25 and 11-26 for Professional Development
No School 11-26, 11-27, and 11-28 for Thanksgiving
Students return to school on Monday, December 2, 2019
Date: Tuesday, December 3, 2019
Location: Warrior Campus, Choir Room
Description: General board meeting, all NCA community members are invited to attend open session. Anyone wishing to formally address the board, must put their request in writing to either Matt Searson or Marlys Schoenwetter 2 weeks prior to the board meeting.
Date: Friday, December 20 is Early Dismissal
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
No school, Monday December 23, 2019 and back to school on Monday, January 6, 2020.
Date: Thursday, January 9, 2020
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Location: Warrior Campus, Choir Room
All NCA community members are invited to attend open session. Anyone wishing to formally address the board must put their request in writing to Matt Searson, CAO or Marlys Schoenwetter, CFO at least 2 weeks prior to the board meeting.
The School Day Regular Hours
- School Starts at 8:05 a.m.
- Drop-Off Time 7:50 a.m. to 8:05 a.m.
- Pick-Up Time 3:05 p.m. to 3:20 p.m.
- Extended Care Hours: 6:30 a.m. to 7:50 a.m. & 3:20 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- School Starts at 7:55 a.m.
- Drop-Off Time 7:40 a.m. to 7:55 a.m.
- Pick-Up Time 3:25 p.m. to 3:40 p.m.
- Extended Care Hours: 6:30 a.m. to 7:40 a.m. & 3:40 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- School Starts at 7:45 a.m.
- Drop-Off Time 7:30 a.m. to 7:45 a.m.
- Pick-Up Time 3:15 p.m.
- Extended Care Hours: Not applicable for this age group