New Covenant Academy Welcomes You to Our Community!
NCA is a not-for-profit, Christian college preparatory school, located in Springfield, MO serving approximately 650 students in grades Jr. Kindergarten through 12th since 1979.
- Academics: Strong college preparatory program that integrates faith and learning.
- College credit: Dual college credit opportunities for high school students through Evangel, Missouri State University and Drury University with both in-seat (on NCA campus) and online options. This program reduces the cost of college.
- Staff: Qualified, experienced Christian faculty and staff who genuinely care about students.
- Guidance Counseling: Experienced guidance counselors provide career counseling, college planning and academic guidance with a Christian emphasis.
- Sports: Competitive athletic program for boys and girls in grades 7-12. Intramural programs for grades Jr.K-6.
- Fine-Arts: Co-curricular classes include Band, Choir, Art, Drama, Library, Speech, Physical Education, Spanish, Computer, Business, and Practical Arts (note: offerings subject to specific grade levels).
- Spiritual and character development: Exciting weekly chapel services that challenge students to grow spiritually. Biblical integration into every subject. Opportunities for character development and Christian service.
- Technology: Supporting teacher objectives and student learning, with WiFi, computer lab, several mobile Chromebook carts, and tablets. Students use emerging technologies in problem-based, interactive, engaged learning and assessment.
- Fun while learning: Extracurricular activities include field trips, retreats, clubs, academic competitions, international or cross-cultural mission trips, student council, and Christian service projects.
- Results: NCA's test results on national achievement and ACT college entrance tests far exceed the national average.
- School accountability: New Covenant Academy is accredited by AdvancED and is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International.
- Academic and athletic competition with both public and private schools: NCA is a member of the Missouri State High School Activities Association (MSHSAA). "The MSHSAA promotes the value of participation, sportsmanship, team play, and personal excellence to develop citizens who make positive contributions to their community and support the democratic principles of our state and nation".
- Affordable Tuition: Nationally, private education is quite expensive, often with a price tag equal to college tuition. At NCA, tuition is almost half of the national average for 7-12th-grade and well below the national average for Jr.K-6th-grade. A tuition assistance program is also offered to qualifying families.
- A+ Scholarship Designation: High School students involved in this program have access to funds to attend participating community college or vocational/technical school, and may also lead to other opportunities for universities.
- Partnership with Evangel University: Graduates of NCA are offered 50% discount in tuition at Evangel University for in-seat courses, and 10% discount for online and Master's degree programs. This is not related to merit-based scholarships.
- Community: Year after year, when NCA's families are asked, "What is your favorite thing about NCA?"; their top answers are: "the people", "I love my teacher", "I feel like I belong", "my friends", "the support I receive being a part of an extended Christian community of believers with the same goals and values as my own family."
Jr.Kindergarten to 4th Grade-241 Jr. Kindergarten to 4th grade -270
5th to 6th Grade-94 5th to 6th Grade-98
7th to 8th Grade-85 7th to 8th Grade-105
9th to 12th Grade-138 9th to 12th Grade-177
Date: Tuesday, August 20, 2019
Time: Jr.K-Kdg. is 5:30 p.m. No students free childcare avail.
1-2 Grade at 6:00 p.m. No students free childcare avail.
3-4 Grade at 6:30 p.m. No students free childcare avail.
9-12 Athletes at 6:30 p.m. in choir room (duplicated at 8:20 p.m.)
*9-12 Grade at 7:00 p.m. No students
Location: In your student's classroom
Important: This is not a come and go event. Please be on time for your scheduled class meetings.
General School Informational Meeting times for JRK-4th: 5:30 p.m. (duplicated at 6:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. in the gym).
*Parents of 9-12 Grade students, please pick up your student schedule in the gymnasium between 7:00 p,m and 7:10 p.m. There will be a general high school meeting at 7:10 with Don Tuck, Principal, between 7:15 and 8:15 p.m. You will rotate visiting each of your student's classes in order of their schedule in 6 minute time periods. You will pass through the periods based on announcements made over the P.A. system.
Date: Thursday, August 22, 2019
Time: 5-6 Grade at 6:00 p.m. No students, free childcare available.
7-8 Grade at 6:30 p.m. No students, free childcare available.
7-8 Grade Athletic Parent Meeting at 7:40 p.m. in the Liberty auditorium
(duplicated at 6:00 p.m.)
Date: Monday, August 26, 2019
Description: There will be no classes this day. Teachers will be in professional development.
National Holiday, No School
Date: August 13, 2019
The School Day Regular Hours
- School Starts at 8:05 a.m.
- Drop-Off Time 7:50 a.m. to 8:05 a.m.
- Pick-Up Time 3:05 p.m. to 3:20 p.m.
- Extended Care Hours: 6:30 a.m. to 7:50 a.m. & 3:20 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- School Starts at 7:55 a.m.
- Drop-Off Time 7:40 a.m. to 7:55 a.m.
- Pick-Up Time 3:25 p.m. to 3:40 p.m.
- Extended Care Hours: 6:30 a.m. to 7:40 a.m. & 3:40 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- School Starts at 7:45 a.m.
- Drop-Off Time 7:30 a.m. to 7:45 a.m.
- Pick-Up Time 3:15 p.m.
- Extended Care Hours: Not applicable for this age group