The Intermediate (5/6 Grade Program) is Located just .6 Mile from Warrior Campus
Liberty Campus opened for student occupancy on January 22, 2019. This educational space is designed to meet the needs of NCA's 5-8th grade students. This 10-acre campus offers a gymnasium, chapel/auditorium, cafeteria, office space, ample parking, and outdoor spaces.
The 5/6 Intermediate program is run separately from the Jr. High with a specific focus on the developmental needs of children aged 10 years to 12 years old. While housed in the same building as Jr. High students (with some alternatively scheduled shared spaces), classrooms for 5/6 grades are on a separate floor from Jr. High students.
Start and end times of school have been staggered to make it possible for families with multiple children enrolled at the Warrior Campus to manage drop-off and pick-up of students within reasonable time frames.
Fifth and Sixth Grade
The Intermediate school student at New Covenant Academy learns in an innovative program that combines a number of rich interdisciplinary curriculum and transitional elements into a unique method for a successful transition into Jr. High school. Emphasis on a basic foundation in fundamental skills incorporates a variety of experiences to enrich each day. In Intermediate school, a student develops a love of learning and explores individual capabilities. Learning isn't limited to the classroom. Students participate in field trips and hands-on activities that promote real-world learning experiences. Along with educational activities, the students participate in a variety of community outreaches including nursing homes, and "feed the hungry" programs.
The teachers are highly qualified educators who incorporate creative and innovative teaching strategies with the curriculum, challenging them to succeed. Students gain knowledge and an understanding of how all things fit together in God's plan as revealed in His Word.
- Time: 7:55 a.m. to 3:25 p.m.
Mornings 6:30 a.m. to 7:40 a.m.
Afternoon 3:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Extended care is offered on all regularly scheduled school days. (Note: afternoon care is not offered on early dismissal days)
- Combined co-curricular to promote individuality and unity between grade levels. Co-curricular classes are Art, Music Appreciation, Computers and P.E.
- Weekly chapel services targeting age-appropriate interests
- Weekly Science labs and experiments
- Individualized and cooperative group learning opportunities
- Biblical principles and concepts integrated throughout the curriculum
- Critical thinking opportunities
- Technology integration
- Hands-on Science, Literature, and Social Studies projects
- Field trips and guest speakers to add enrichment to the curriculum
- Recess every day
- Houghton-Mifflin Math; Purposeful Design Science; Houghton-Mifflin English; Route 66 Bible curriculum; Pearson Social Studies and Spelling by Purposeful Design