Fifth and Sixth Grade
The Intermediate School student at New Covenant Academy learns in an innovative program that combines a number of rich interdisciplinary curriculum and transitional elements into a unique method for successful transition into Middle School. Emphasis on a basic foundation in fundamental skills incorporates a variety of experiences to enrich each day. In the Intermediate School, a student develops a love of learning and explores individual capabilities. Learning isn't limited to the classroom. Students participate in numerous field trips and hands-on activities that promote real world learning experiences for beyond their desk and chair. Along with educational activities, the students participate in a variety of community outreaches including nursing homes, "feed the hungry" programs and representing New Covenant Academy in the annual Springfield Christmas Parade.
The teachers are highly qualified educators who incorporate creative and innovative teaching strategies with the curriculum, challenging them to succeed. Students gain knowledge and an understanding of how all things fit together in God's plan as revealed in His Word.
- Time: 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Mornings 6:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
Afternoon 3:15 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Extended care is offered on all regularly scheduled school days. (Note: afternoon care is not offered on early dismissal days)
- Block and combined classes to promote individuality and unity between grade levels
- Locker assignments
- Weekly chapel services targeting age appropriate interests
- After school Bible study group
- Weekly Science labs and experiments
- Strong economics emphasis
- Individualized and cooperative group learning opportunities
- Biblical principles and concepts integrated throughout curriculum
- Critical thinking opportunities
- Technology integration in all areas
- Hands-on Science, Literature, and Social Studies projects
- Numerous field trips and guest speakers to add enrichment to the curriculum
- Houghton-Mifflin Math; Purposeful Design Science; Houghton-Mifflin English; Character Quest Bible curriculum; World History/American History