Jr. Kindergarten to 4th Grade
The Elementary School student at New Covenant Academy learns in an environment that provides a rich blend of strong academics combined with opportunities for individual and social growth, all from a Christian perspective. Emphasis on a basic foundation in fundamental skills incorporates a variety of experiences to enrich each day. In the Elementary School, a student develops a love of learning and explores individual capabilities. Teachers are equipped with the skills to teach, the compassion to nurture, and the creativity to make the academic challenge a road to discovery. Students gain knowledge and an understanding of how all things fit together in God´s plan as revealed in His Word through Biblical integration in every subject taught.
Age requirement for Jr. Kindergarten: Must be 4 years old by August 1st.
Age requirement for Kindergarten: Must be 5 years old by August 1st.
- Jr. Kindergarten through 4th-grade full day, 5 days a week: 8:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- Jr. Kindergarten, half-day, 5 days a week: 8:15 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. (Note: Half-day Jr. Kindergarten students are integrated into class with full day students and participate in Music Class. They are dismissed before lunch. Full-day Jr. Kindergarten students participate in Library, Art, Physical Education, and Lunch in the afternoon).
Extended Care Hours
- Mornings 6:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
- Afternoon 3:15 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Extended care is offered on all regularly scheduled school days. (Note: afternoon care is not offered on early dismissal days)
- Engaging and hands-on learning
- Synthetic Phonics, Early Literacy
- Thematic Social Studies and Science
- Math concepts
- Bible lessons, mission, and Christian service projects as well as weekly chapel services
- Vocal music class; with participation in Grandparent Day, Christmas, and Spring concert performances
- Technology integration
- Physical education
- Field trips
- Hot Lunch Program
- Jr. Kindergarten: Bob Jones Phonics; D'Nealian style handwriting; Quirkles Science; Thematic units for Science and Social Studies (i.e.: weather, space, transportation, fire safety, community helpers, etc.) and ABeka Bible
- Kindergarten: ABeka Phonics; Houghton-Mifflin Math; Scott Foresman Social Studies; Thematic units for Science that are cross-curricular; D'Nealian style writing and A Beka Bible
- First Grade: ABeka Phonics; Houghton-Mifflin Math; Scott Foresman Social Studies; Purposeful Design Science; D'Nealian style writing and ACSI Bible.
- Second Grade: ABeka Phonics; Houghton-Mifflin Math; Cursive Writing; Scott Foresman Social Studies; Purposeful Design Science and ACSI Bible
- Third Grade: Houghton-Mifflin English; Houghton-Mifflin Math; ABeka Social Studies; Purposeful Design Science and ACSI Bible
- Fourth Grade: Houghton-Mifflin English; Houghton-Mifflin Math; Missouri History; Purposeful Design Science and ACSI Bible