New Covenant Academy Welcomes You to Our Community!
NCA is a not-for-profit, Christian college preparatory school, located in Springfield, MO serving approximately 478 students in grades Jr. Kindergarten through 12th since 1979.
- Academics: Strong college preparatory program that integrates faith and learning.
- College credit: Dual college credit opportunities for high school students through Missouri State University and Drury University.
- Staff: Qualified, experienced Christian faculty and staff who genuinely care about students.
- Guidance Counseling: Experienced guidance counselors provide career counseling, college planning and academic guidance with a Christian emphasis.
- Sports: Competitive athletic program for boys and girls in grades 7-12. Intramural programs for grades Jr.K-6.
- Fine-Arts: Co-curricular classes include Band, Choir, Art, Drama, Library, Speech, Physical Education, Spanish, Computer, Business, and Practical Arts (note: offerings subject to specific grade levels).
- Spiritual and character development: Exciting weekly chapel services that challenge students to grow spiritually. Biblical integration into every subject. Opportunities for character development and Christian service.
- Technology: Supporting teacher objectives and student learning, with WiFi, Inspire Technology Initiative which is a BYOD program, computer lab, 7 mobile Chromebook carts, and tablets. Students use emerging technologies in problem-based, interactive, engaged learning and assessment.
- Fun while learning: Extracurricular activities include field trips, retreats, clubs, academic competitions, international or cross-cultural mission trips, student council, and Christian service projects.
- Results: NCA's test results on national achievement and ACT college entrance tests far exceed the national average.
- School accountability: New Covenant Academy is accredited by AdvancED and is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International.
- Academic and athletic competition with both public and private schools: NCA is a member of the Missouri State High School Activities Association (MSHSAA). "The MSHSAA promotes the value of participation, sportsmanship, team play, and personal excellence to develop citizens who make positive contributions to their community and support the democratic principles of our state and nation".
- Affordable Tuition: Nationally, private education is quite expensive, often with a price tag equal to a college tuition. At NCA, tuition is almost half of the national average for 7-12th-grade and well below the national average for Jr.K-6th-grade. A tuition assistance program is also offered to qualifying families.
- Community: Year after year, when NCA's families are asked, "What is your favorite thing about NCA?"; their top answers are: "the people", "I love my teacher", "I feel like I belong", "my friends", "the support I receive being a part of an extended Christian community of believers with the same goals and values as my own family."
Jr.Kindergarten to 4th Grade-225
5th to 6th Grade-75
7th to 8th Grade-60
9th to 12th Grade-118
There will be an Open House for all High School parents on Tuesday, Aug. 30th from 6-7:30pm. Come and follow your child's schedule, meet the teachers and find out what what they're learning!
Parents are invited to come and follow their child's schedule to meet their teachers and see what they are learning this year. This will be on Sept. 1st from 6-7:30pm.
Tamara Pierce will be doing a technology workshop on Thursday, Sept. 1st at 7:30pm after the 5-8 Meet the Teacher night. She will be presenting information on Google Apps for Education and Chromebooks that is being used in your child's classroom every day. Come learn what they are learning!
There will a technology workshop for 3-4 grade parents on Thursday, Sept. 1st from 6-7:30pm. Tamara Pierce will be presenting information on Google Apps for Education and Chromebooks and how they are being used in your child's classroom. Registration is not necessary. Just come and learn!
Friday, Sept. 2nd will be an early release day. Elementary students will be released at 11:30 and Secondary at 11:45. No lunch or extended care will be provided.
There will be a Fall Festival on Friday, Sept. 16th. This will be an all school family event. Stay tuned for more details.