New Covenant Academy Welcomes You to Our Community!
3304 S. Cox Ave., Springfield, MO 65807
Main Phone: (417) 887-9848 Fax: (417) 887-2419
NCA is a not-for-profit, Christian college preparatory school, located in Springfield, MO serving approximately 478 students in grades Jr. Kindergarten through 12th since 1979.
- Academics: Strong college preparatory program that integrates faith and learning.
- College credit: Dual college credit opportunities for high school students through Missouri State University and Drury University.
- Staff: Qualified, experienced Christian faculty and staff who genuinely care about students.
- Guidance Counseling: Experienced guidance counselors provide career counseling, college planning and academic guidance with a Christian emphasis.
- Sports: Competitive athletic program for boys and girls in grades 7-12. Intramural programs for grades Jr.K-6.
- Fine-Arts: Co-curricular classes include Band, Choir, Art, Drama, Library, Speech, Physical Education, Spanish, Computer, Business, and Practical Arts (note: offerings subject to specific grade levels).
- Spiritual and character development: Exciting weekly chapel services that challenge students to grow spiritually. Biblical integration into every subject. Opportunities for character development and Christian service.
- Technology: Supporting teacher objectives and student learning, with WiFi, Inspire Technology Initiative which is a BYOD program, computer lab, 7 mobile Chromebook carts, and tablets. Students use emerging technologies in problem-based, interactive, engaged learning and assessment.
- Fun while learning: Extracurricular activities include field trips, retreats, clubs, academic competitions, international or cross-cultural mission trips, student council, and Christian service projects.
- Results: NCA's test results on national achievement and ACT college entrance tests far exceed the national average.
- School accountability: New Covenant Academy is accredited by AdvancED and is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International.
- Academic and athletic competition with both public and private schools: NCA is a member of the Missouri State High School Activities Association (MSHSAA). "The MSHSAA promotes the value of participation, sportsmanship, team play, and personal excellence to develop citizens who make positive contributions to their community and support the democratic principles of our state and nation".
- Affordable Tuition: Nationally, private education is quite expensive, often with a price tag equal to a college tuition. At NCA, tuition is almost half of the national average for 7-12th-grade and well below the national average for Jr.K-6th-grade. A tuition assistance program is also offered to qualifying families.
- Community: Year after year, when NCA's families are asked, "What is your favorite thing about NCA?"; their top answers are: "the people", "I love my teacher", "I feel like I belong", "my friends", "the support I receive being a part of an extended Christian community of believers with the same goals and values as my own family."
Jr.Kindergarten to 4th Grade-225
5th to 6th Grade-75
7th to 8th Grade-60
9th to 12th Grade-118
The 5th and 6th Grades Band and Choir students will be presenting a spring concert on May 3rd at 6:00pm. The 7th and 8th Grades students will begin their concert at 7:00.
There will be an early dismissal on Friday, May 6th. Elementary will dismiss at 11:30 and Secondary at 11:45.
Our annual Kindergarten Round-up will be on Monday, May 2nd. There will be one at 9:00am and one at 6:00pm. Parents are invited to bring their student who is enrolled in JRK or Kdg next year to one of the sessions. All current JRK and Kdg students will not have school that day so teachers will be able to participate in this event.
The Elementary Spring Music Program will be on Monday, May 9th. The JRK-1st grades will perform at 6:00 and the 2nd-4th grades at 6:45pm.